Sunday 25 September 2011

An outlet for other writing?

I've decided to allow this blog to include non-science-writing musings, too.  For my most current writings on Earth Sciences, please do follow here: 

http://www.physicstoday.org/

But I miss writing purely about stuff I want to write about.  Reflections on living in a foreign country, on playing outdoors in the hills or on the bicycle, and on whatever philosophical--or not--musings might come out of taking a step back and trying to understand what's going on when things become confusing.


I've generally maintained that personal blogging is self-indulgent and should, with exceptions, be avoided.  The tangled knot of thoughts that occupies the space between one's ears is often best kept there.  Or filtered with a very very fine sieve before being released into public domain.


I'll do my best to use a fine sieve when deviating from the original purpose of this blog.  Any post that nears the realm of self-indulgence will take the form of a specific idea or theme or event, put down on virtual paper with attention to brevity, imagery, and precision.

On the other hand, this blog may continue to see the same amount of neglect that it has done over the past months.  The best laid plans, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment